Industrial

Get Your Factory Fix with These 10 Flicks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • You can watch these manufacturing movies while practicing social distancing.
      Chances are you’re spending a lot more time at home these days.
      Social distancing – or for some Americans, sheltering-in-place – means that many of us are largely confined to our homes. While working remote and taking care of the kids fills much of the time for many of us, you also might find yourself with hours to fill.

Since three-fourths of American households subscribe to a video streaming service, the odds are pretty good that you are able to Netflix (or Hulu, or Amazon Prime, or Disney+, or AppleTV…) and chill.

You may already have some awesome TV shows and movies already queued up, and if you do, please share them with us! My lovely wife would suggest the Veronica Mars reboot on Hulu, while I’d prefer Narcos: Mexico.
      But if you are looking to stay connected to manufacturing while streaming, we’ve got you covered.

IN THE CATEGORY OF BEST DOCUMENTARIES, THE NOMINEES ARE:
      – American Factory (2019)
      – The Last Truck (2009)
      – Detropia (2012)
      – The True Cost (2015)
      – American Made Movie (2013)

NOW, ON TO FEATURE FILMS:
      – The Company Men (2010)
      – The Deer Hunter (1978)
      – Extract (2009)
      – Norma Rae (1979)
      – North Country (2005)

AND THE BONUS FEATURE:
      Contagion (2011)

Here are 10 (and a bonus!) totally watchable movies that have a manufacturing theme to them. We’re not including the loads of TV shows and episodes that have factory vibes, many of which we’ve blogged on before.

• You might have mentioned it and it might be relevant to our issues, but I don’t recommend watching Contagion right now. Or frankly, ever again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enjoy The
Full Experience

A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul.
I am alone, and feel the charm of existence in this spot!

Discover Gorgo

Welcome to a Gorgo, an author oriented theme.
A place where words matter. Discover without further ado our countless community stories.

Build great relations

Explore all the content form Gorgo community network. Forums, Groups, Members, Posts, Social Wall and many more. You can never get tired of it!

Become a member

Get unlimited access to the best articles on Gorgo and support our  lovely authors. Upgrade Now